GIFs and Memes have quickly taken over the internet. You can’t visit a forum without finding one of these somewhere on it. Did you know you can actually create GIF’s in Premiere Pro? In this tutorial we go over how to create GIFs in Premiere Pro CC. (NOTE: This method does NOT work on MAC’s)
How to Create a GIF in Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- Click on your footage, drag and drop it in to create a new sequence.
- Go to Sequence -> Sequence Settings. Then click on custom, time base of 15.00 frames/second, frame size 500, set horizontal to 500, set pixel aspect ratio to square pixels, set fields to no fields, set display format to frames
- Now go in to the position controls in “effect controls” to adjust the positioning of the GIF.
- Locate how you want your footage to loop. Then cut off the front and back to make it this.
- Click loop button in the preview panel so the GIF will replay (if you need to add this button, click on the plus sign in the bottom right side of the preview panel)
- File->Export Media, set format to animated gif, set preset to animated GIF (match source), click on output name and you can rename file.
- Find the file and enjoy. Can also adjust the previous settings to adjust the file size.
There you have it, how to create a gif in Adobe Premiere Pro. Post in the comments below your favorite GIF you have created.
Other Premiere Pro Tutorials: