Text is essential to most videos. Whether it’s introducing a story, giving the location, or bringing attention to a certain point, text is powerful when used right. Just like with video, its important to make the text as interesting as possible to fit the style of your content. A lot of times that requires an animation. Today, we will be going over how to create a rolling text reveal in Adobe Premiere Pro CC.
How to Create a Rolling Text Reveal in Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- Start with a sequence with your footage added in.
- We need to first create the text. Use the type tool and type in the entire text. We are going to use this as a guide layer.
- Click on the text and hold the alt-key. Drag up to duplicate the text layer.
- Go to the bottom layer, go up to effect controls and reduce the opacity. Now we have a guide for the text.
- Go to the top layer and remove every word except the first.
- Now go to effect and drag the crop effect onto this word.
- Set the bottom crop up a little bit. This will create a “reveal line”.
- Go to the text layer in the effect controls. Grab the Y position and move it downwards. (NOT the entire graphic’s position. Make sure you select only the text layer’s position).
- Now start an animation on the position. Click the stopwatch and move about 20 frames forward. Move the position back to where it started. It should now animate from off the screen back to the position we had it in.
- Go to the keyframes. Right click on the left keyframe and goto Temporal Interpolation -> Easy Out. Go to the right keyframe, right-click, go to Temporal Interpolation -> Easy In.
- You can use the drop down arrow on the left to affect the graph of the transition.
- Duplicate the word by holding the alt-key, clicking on the layer, and then dragging up. Then move it over about 5 or so frames. Change the text and line it up with the guide layer.
- Do this for each word, and remember to delete the guide layer.
There you have it. A pretty easy to create rolling text reveal in Adobe Premiere Pro. This effect can be manipulated and customized to whatever you like.