Facebook is a great place to post your videos. However, the Facebook player is unique in the fact that it supports square videos. Whenever we scale down our 16:9 footage down to meet this square dimension, we are left with some space to play around with. In this lesson, we will go over how to create Facebook style videos in Premiere Pro CC.
How to Create Facebook Style Videos in Premiere Pro CC (2018)
- Drag in your footage. (This creates a 1920x1080p comp – but we need a square)
- Go up to Sequence -> sequence settings and set frame size 1080×1080. This will create a square composition.
- Adjust scale of the footage so that it fits inside the square (about 57 should work).
- You can un-link the audio, or keep the audio.
- Move into the graphics workspace.
- Go into text tool, click once on the footage to create a variable text box. Type your text.
- Go up to the Essential graphics panel, click on the text, ctrl+c to copy and then ctrl + v to paste, click on the text and drag it down, go into text box to edit.
- There you have it, you have created a Facebook style video.
- Go up to file->media->export, and save it normally. Now you can upload to Facebook.
It’s that simple. All it takes is a little adjustment of the sequence settings and some text. Now you have a video that you can post on Facebook that will look good on any device.
Other Premiere Pro Tutorials: