Want your photos to look brighter, better, and more impressive? We have a light and airy tutorial on how to make your images stand out.
Before we move ahead, it’s important to know that some photographers deliberately click dark photos to gather more details. These photos can be edited in the Lightroom.
- Open Lightroom and import the image that you want to edit.
- On the left, you will find a Basic section that will let you work on a variety of elements including: Temp
- Change elements by moving the slider in your desired direction. Increasing Exposure and Shadows a little can highlight your image.
- There is no right or wrong when editing photos to make them more airy. You have to find what works best for you as there is no one rule for all images.
- Increasing Exposure may enhance some photos and for some you may have to increase Shadows or other elements. So play around and find what works for you.
- Below ‘Basic’, you will find a Tone Curve section that you can again play with. This one can enhance the skin tone of your original image and can do wonders if the original photo is dark.
- Come down to the Hue section. Here you will be able to change saturation and work on different colors including red, orange, and yellow.
- Next, do the same thing with Split Toning and Detail.
In the end, you can perform some final adjustments by working on smaller parts of the picture.
The trick is simple, select the changes you want by working the sliders then move the cursor to the corner you want to work on and press the right button on the areas that require work.
Lightroom can enhance your photos and the best part is that it is easy to use. You can work on all kinds of images, so start editing photos to make them more airy and get great results.