Do you enjoy watching videos with a futuristic vibe?! Creating an X-ray effect is a fun way to give your piece a bit of that sci-fi feeling! Now understand, this won’t create a literal X-ray. For that you would need to use actual VFX in something like After Effects to render something into place. But for a quick and vibrant effect, it can easily be accomplished in Premiere Pro!
How to Create an X-Ray Effect in Adobe Premiere Pro CC (2020)
- Create a sequence. Then, drag your footage into the timeline.
- Go to New-> Adjustment Layer.
- Drag the adjustment layer above the footage.
- Go to Effects and find the effect “Invert”. Drag that onto the ADJUSTMENT LAYER.
- Go up to effect controls. Find the invert effect.
- Click on the square 4-point polygon button.
- Drag the points to make it a line across the footage. Use the shift key when dragging to make the lines straight.
- Click on the toggle animation stopwatch.
- Move the mask up off the top of the screen.
- Now move forward about 2-3 seconds in time. Move the mask down off the bottom of the screen!
Now you have an easily created x-ray effect that you can expand to fit any scenario!
If you have any questions, let me know in the comment section below, or on the video itself!