Sometimes speed is important while editing. Maybe it’s a family gathering, a quick work slideshow, or just a situation where quality isn’t that vital. In these situation, the faster the better. Premiere Pro provides a really fast way to quickly make a slideshow of an unlimited amount of photos. This quick technique can save hours of editing time. Today we go over how to quickly make a slideshow in Adobe Premiere Pro CC (2018).
How to Quickly Make a Slideshow in Adobe Premiere Pro CC (2018)
- We need to get a couple of setting correct before importing our photos.
- Go up to file->preferences->timeline.
- The Video Transition Default Duration will affect how quick the transition is between each image. I set mine to .50, which is half a second.
- The Still Image Default Duration will set how long the images will play before switching. I set my to 2.00 which is 2 seconds.
- Now, go to the project panel. Click import. Find all the images you want to import, and import those. (If you click on one image, and then hold the shift key and click on another image, it will select all the images in between)
- Create a sequence. Make sure that you go up to file->new->sequence to do this. You want to set it to HD, so 1080p which is 1920×1080.
- Select all of your images. Click on the first image, hold the shift key, and then click the last image. You will then select all the images. Drag them over to your timeline.
- Go to you effects, and then search for transitions. Look for cross dissolve.
- Right click on cross dissolve. Click on the “Set Selected as Default Transition”.
- Go to your timeline. Hit ctrl+a to select everything in there. Then hit ctrl+d to apply the transition to every single clip.
- If you want to switch up the transitions. Go to your transitions in the effects panel. Find the transition you want, and then right click on the transition and hit “Set Selected as Default Transition”.
- Now go and highlight a portion of the timeline and hit ctrl+d. This will apply the transition to the selected frames. You can do this with as many different transitions as you like.
That’s it. That’s all you need to do to quickly create a slideshow in Adobe Premiere Pro CC. After you learn the above techniques, you can do it in under a minute. So the next time you get assigned to slideshow duty, you can knock it out fast.
Other Premiere Pro Tutorials: