With a little bit of preparation, it is quite easy to remove people from a shot in Photoshop. What you need for this effect, is a bunch of shots of the same thing. So go take a tripod, find a monument or something you want to take a picture of that is still. Then just set up the tripod, and take a bunch of pictures. Make sure not to move the camera to much between shots. Once you are done, come on back to Photoshop. Today I am going to show you how to remove people from images with median stack in Adobe Photoshop.
How to Remove People from Images with Median Stack in Adobe Photoshop CC
- Start up Photoshop.
- Go up to file->scripts->Load Files into Stack.
- Click the browse button on the modal that pops up.
- Find all of your pictures. Select them all, then click open.
- Check the “Create Smart Object after Loading Layers” checkbox on the modal. Then click OK.
- Wait for the objects to import.
- Go to Layer->Smart Objects -> Stack Mode -> Median.
- There you have it, the people should basically have disappeared from the image, and only the thing you were a picture of remains.
It’s as simple as that. Once you have done this a few times, this process shouldn’t take you more than a few minutes each time. Now you can get amazing photos of just about anything without all the people blocking the shot.
If you have any questions or comments, be sure to let me know below, or on the video itself!