Sometimes while editing, you want to know how to swap between clips in an edit. Maybe you have multiple takes, or just a bunch of different clips that fit different moods. Instead of deleting and replacing, there is a quicker way. Today I am going to show you how to replace footage in Adobe Premiere Pro CC.
How to Replace Footage in Adobe Premiere Pro CC (2018)
Replace Individual Pieces
- Create your sequence and edit any way you want.
- Go to your project manager where you keep all of your footage.
- Click on the footage, hold down the alt key, and then drag the footage over to your timeline.
- Drop selected footage onto the footage in the timeline you want to replace.
- You will replace the clip perfectly.
- Be cautious, the effects will transfer as well.
Replace Entire Piece of Footage
- Create your sequence with a piece of footage that has a bunch of cuts throughout.
- Go find that footage in your project manager.
- Right click on it, and hit ‘Replace Footage’.
- Find the piece you want to replace and hit okay.
- The entire footage will be replaced. So if it’s cut up in 20 different places on the timeline, 20 different pieces will be replaced.
That’s how to quickly replace footage in Adobe Premiere Pro. Premiere gives you a couple of different tools to make this as painless as possible. Just hold the alt key, or use the replace footage command in the project manager and you are on your way!
Other Premiere Pro Tutorials:
If you have any questions or comments, let me know below or on the video!