Speeding up your workflow helps you get more editing done quicker. It allows you to edit at the speed of your thoughts, instead of at what the Program has set the speed at. In this tutorial we are going to be going over a quick way to cut out bad clips in your footage to speed up your clean up workflow.
How to Quickly Cut Out Bad Footage in Premiere Pro CC (2018)
Method 1: Using Clip In and Clip Out.
- Move to the spot in your clip you want to begin the cut.
- Press the “i” key, which is the default keyboard shortcut for Clip In.
- Move the cursor to the end of where you wish to cut out.
- Click the “o” key, which is the default keyboard shortcut for Clip Out
- Now select this new segment and click the quotation key ‘.
- The clip is extracted, and the space refiled.
Method 2. Using Trim Back
- Move to the spot you want to clip and click ctrl+k, which is the default keyboard shortcut to make a cut
- Move to the spot where the clip ends. Click the q key to trim it back.
There you have it. A quick way to clean up your clips!