Sometimes a scene requires the footage to have a sort of dreamlike quality to it. This happens frequently in places like soap operas or in dream sequences.
Today, I am going to show you a super simple way to add a dreamy effect to your footage in Premiere Pro.
How to Create a Simple Dreamy Effect in Adobe Premiere Pro CC:
- Select the Project Panel of the project.
- Go to File -> New -> Adjustment Layer.
- Leave all the default settings and click
- Drag the adjustment layer onto the timeline above the footage.
- Open the Effects panel and search for Fast Blur. Drag that onto the Adjustment Layer.
- Open the Effect Controls panel for the Adjustment layer.
- Under Opacity select the Blend Mode dropdown and select
- Under Fast Blur bring up the Blurriness to about 35.
And that’s it. The Blending Mode set at Overlay will double the dark areas of the footage which will allow the fast blur to feather the darks out. This will give the footage that dreamy effect!
Other Premiere Pro Tutorials: