Flipping a video is sometimes necessary when the footage you have filmed is facing the wrong direction. An example of this is if you film a certain piece of footage on wrong side of the car, so that it is safer. Here you need to flip the footage so it looks like you are on the right side of the car. Today I am going to show you how to flip a video in Adobe Premiere Pro CC.
How to Flip a Video in Adobe Premiere Pro CC (2020)
- Start with a piece of footage in the timeline.
- Go to Effects->Transform->Horizontal Flip.
- Take this effect and drag it onto your footage.
You’re footage will now be flipped. If you use the Vertical Flip effect, your footage will flip top to bottom. It’s as simple as drag and drop to flip a video.
If you are looking for a bit more control, you can do it the manual way.
- Also start with a piece of footage in the timeline.
- Go to Effects->Distort->Transform. Put this effect on your piece of footage.
- Go to Effect Controls -> Transform. Uncheck the “Uniform Scale” checkbox.
- To flip Horizontally, change the Scale Width to -100.
- To Flip Vertically, change the Scale Height to -100.
With this technique, you can do things like animate the video flip. So if you want it to slowly flip, or jump from flipped to not, this would be the technique to do that. You can also use this effect to slide the footage or zoom it in and out.
There you have it, some easy ways to flip a video in Adobe Premiere Pro CC. If you have any questions or comments, let me know in the comments below, or on the video itself.
Some Other Premiere Pro Tutorial: